Te Mana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars dreamer's

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Talking to the rain...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobellia
Admin
Admin
Lobellia

Number of posts : 198
Country Location : Berkshire / ENGLAND
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Talking to the rain... Empty
PostSubject: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Do you ever talk/ play with the rain?

When I was a kid, I loved play with the rain.
I loved listening to the rain.
When I start playing with the rain, we were living on a lovely house with a roof of grass...like the british hatched houses.
Insite this sort of houses, when it rain, you do not really hear it, because the roof make every sound soft.
So I undress myself, put my swimming suit and without my parents noticing I get outside, under the metallic roof of the garage.
Here the rain was noisy...awfullly...so noisy it was almost as if there was more rain.
I love noisy rain.
Than I take shower of pouring rain...Real fun...
After, when I was perfectly wet, I run back to the house where I dry myself and keep listening to the rain.
This was something I really enjoy to play, everytimes I was home while it was raining in Tahiti.

I always feel, you can speak with the rain...She hears you....she listens carefully, and she is even able to answer back...

Maybe is there in this, something close to shaman asking for rain.
So I keep thinking Shaman were wise, and right: we can make request to the rain..to pour, now or later, more or less.

When I leave Tahiti, I stop running almost nude under the rain.
This game is extra cool under tropical rain...In european countries it's nothing that funny.

So I change my talking to the rain.When I need to get outside I ask her to stop for a while.
When I am outside I ask her to spare me.

One day I was almost where I was supose to go...maybe 15 seconds to a dry place...I cross the street and I was safe to be dry..when the rain pour on my head.
And believ me it was not few drops..It was real shower and I wasn't in swiming suit.

As this was not really expected... I raise my head to the sky and tell the Angels..This was not that funny..they should have give me fews seconds more... after all what are few second to them?
Than my eyes reach the bus stop...someone was there staring at me...someone had saw me talking to the sky and was laughting.
Someone understand what I did and and what what strange is she doesn't seems surprise..
She seems to understand what I may I said to who...and find it cool and funny.
I keep talking to the Angels just louder so she could hear it because I was not that close and I said:"I am right..fews seconds..it wasn't much to ask"
She laugh even more.

I would have imagine nobody will notice...and if this happen, nobody will understand...but someone saw me and enjoy it...and most of all she found I was so right..so she realise the sky was playing with me as I didn't care some drops or some liters of water at all so she laugh a lot.

And this was extra cool because she agree me me and said yes with her head when I look at her while running to avoid a bus ... as I do not speak to bus... ...

This afternoon I was about to get outside...when decide to get out..the rain starts...so I stay behind my computer.
The rain stops...I decide to finish something.The rain start again...stops again.
What a strange country is it really.
I am use of rain who pour for hours if not, for days..Here sometimes if few seconds...25 times in one day.

I finally decide to get outside and ask the rain to stop because if I waited more all shops will be closed...
I take my rain coat...it was only fews drops and 5 minutes after I reach the first shop I was dry.

When I went back it was not raining anymore...I put my bag on the sofa and myself on a chair..than starts a huge shower at this precise moment.
Luckily I wasn't outside anymore, I would have been wet to the bones.
I was like if the rain kindly hold herself and wait until I could be on a dry place to pour again.
Isn't she lovely and caring ?

When you ask the rain a window, a dry moment just for you do something special...she gives it to you..but as she holds her back...when it's not need anymore, she will not do it one second more than needed.
So suddenly all the drops who were prevent to fall just because you asking, will pour all together in a massive and noisy shower.
She wants you to listen to her back as she as listen to you request some time ago.

I HPink the sun...but I HPink the rain too EmitLovCloud

And I HPink you both and I am happy to have you around crownH
Back to top Go down
http://www.divinessences.co.uk/
Catherine

Catherine

Number of posts : 347
Country Location : England
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:55 pm

I love the rain too....
smiling and smiling at your sharing...
thank you...
I will talk to the rain now...

I remember one time in Florida I wear a swimsuit which is like a dress, it is vibrant purple, and I stood out in the torrential rain shower and the rain was warm and it was like it was dancing and I was wet through and it was wonderful even though I was getting looks from everyone who was sheltering, but no one else seemed to enjoy it at all even though it was warm and lively!

I will listen to the rain now...thank you for your sharing...

Oh just see how good this place is for me!!! Whaoo
Back to top Go down
Holos

Holos

Number of posts : 102
Country Location : The Heart of America
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:55 pm

You sparked memories of playing outside as a child. =)

When it would rain we would float leaf or stick boats down the gutters of the street. I remember one day when the rain was warm instead of cold. I was so impressed! I loved walking in the rain, first with an umbrella but getting tired of that and just furling the umbrella and getting wet. Sometimes I wore big black (or red) rubber boots but mostly I was barefoot.

The sounds of the rain, for me were the thunder, because we have lots of that in this part of the country, and the tumbling of the water in the downspouts. The scent of the wet earth is still one of my favorite smells.

The typhoons in Taiwan were exciting, especially when the wind blew from one direction then stopped while the eye of the storm moved over, then the winds came from the opposite direction. Each of my parents and my older brother and I took shifts in the night mopping up the rain that came in around the windows. I felt so grown-up. I was eleven.

But more than rain, I love the snow!

I love the sun glittering on the new snow and the sight of the first footprints. I still enjoy making snow angels. I love the sound of my feet cracking the frozen crust of snow and the sounds of sleet falling. I love the blankets of snow that cover the trees and my favorite thing is clearing the snow from the car while the snow is still falling and sifts snowflakes on my hair and shoulders.

One of my very favorite memories is of shopping at the Christkindlmarkt in Nuremberg when I was 18 and there were huge snowflakes drifting from the sky! The brats cooking on the grill and the chestnuts roasting over barrel fires made it just perfect.

Another is looking out the back window during a full moon and seeing at least 12 deer in the backyard. The moonlight reflecting off of the snow made such a beautiful sight.

I also remember one very hot day in Texas when a storm system moved in and cooled the air very quickly. Instead of going inside or getting a sweater, I lay down on the pavement and felt the heat under me and the cold air above me, enjoying the contrast. I remember looking up in the sky wondering if Sputnik, the first satellite, could see me.

Ahhhh, skipping down memory lane. . .
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh how lovely!
And 12 deer....oh I bet that was so wow...

I have never heard of snow angels.... how wonderful!

There is so much to think of, isn't there? Cloud
Back to top Go down
Holos

Holos

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm

To make a snow angel you lay down on your back in the snow. Then move your arms up and down and your legs back and forth several times making pathways on the snow. Get up very carefully and then turn around to see the angel. BluAngel

Now I am off to do some shopping. . . BachPW
Back to top Go down
Holos

Holos

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Look up snow angels in Wikipedia. There are some nice photos!
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Oh! Thank you!
New one!
I'll have to show this one to everyone next time it snows! :)
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

And gooooood luck with the shopping! LovFlag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking to the rain...   Talking to the rain... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talking to the rain...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Te Mana :: Your first category :: Sharing-
Jump to: