Te Mana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars dreamer's

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holos

Holos

Number of posts : 102
Country Location : The Heart of America
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder 1916

Have you seen any fairies lately? I asked the question of a little girl not long ago. “Hah! There’s no such thing as fairies,” she replied. In some way the answer hurt me, and I have been vaguely disquieted when I have thought of ever since. By the way, have you seen any fairies lately? Please do not answer as the little girl did, for I’m sure there are fairies and that you at least have seen their work.

In the long, long ago days, when the farmers gathered their crops, they always used to leave a part of whatever crop they were harvesting in or on the ground for the use of the “Little People.” This was only fair, for the “Little People” worked hard in the ground to help the farmer grow his crops, and if a share were not left for them, they became angry and the crops would not be good the next year. You may laugh at this as an old superstition, but I leave it to you if it has not been proved true that where the “Little People” of the soul are not fed the crops are poor.

We call them different names now—nitrogen and humus and all the rest of it—but I always have preferred to think of them as fairy folk who must be treated right. LovCloud

Our agriculture schools and farm papers spend much time and energy telling us to put back into the soil the elements of which we rob it. Only another way of saying, “Don’t rob the ‘Little People’; feed them!”

Dryads used to live in the trees, you know—beautiful fairy creatures who now and then were glimpsed beside the tree into which they vanished. There have been long years during which we have heard nothing of them, but now scientists have discovered that the leaves of trees have eyes, actual eyes that mirror surrounding objects. Of what use are eyes to a tree, I wonder? Would it not be fine if the men of science gave us back all our fairies under different names?

I have a feeling that childhood has been robbed of a great deal of its joys by taking away its belief in wonderful, mystic things; RedHs in fairies and all their kin. It is not surprising that when children are grown, they have so little idealism or imagination or that so many of them are like the infidel who asserted that he would not believe anything that he could not see. It was a good retort the Quaker made, “Friend! Does thee believe thee has any brains?”

BigHRed RedHeart RedHs BigHRed RedHeart RedHs
Back to top Go down
Holos

Holos

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:49 am

My friend Cathy frequently reminds me that we do not get the same good from our food as we used to. Many of the vitamins and minerals are lost in the different farming processes and the time of harvest. Foods are harvested before they are fully developed in order to leave time for getting them to world markets before they spoil.

I had never thought of this before and have added supplements to my diet this summer, knowing that my body has needed more than it has received.

The gifts from the plants are far more than I ever considered, if only we remember the fairies! =) crownH
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

Number of posts : 347
Country Location : England
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 am

I wrote some words this morning... trying to help with the movement on .... one of the questions I wrote was this...

"What about the things that I will miss without you there to show me?"

I think my question has been answered with these words...
"Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes"

So, I will still be able to see and enjoy!
It is just the scenery that changes. smack
I didn't think I would get an answer that is so so beautiful....
just thank you for you
and thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Holos

Holos

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 am

So here is the rest of the selection then: 2H

A young friend with whom I talked the other day said that life was so “much more interesting” to her since she “began to look below the surface of things and see what was beneath.” There are deeps beyond deeps in the life of this wonderful world of ours. Let’s help the children to see them instead of letting them grow up like the man of whom the poet wrote,
A primrose by the river’s brim
A yellow primrose was to him and nothing more.

Let’s train them, instead to find “books in the running brooks, sermons in stones and good in everything.” From As You Like It by William Shakespeare

But have you seen any fairies lately, or have you allowed the harsher fact of life to dull your “seeing eye?”

Where Sunshine Fairies Go

The sunshine fairies cannot rest
When evening bells are rung;
Nor can they sleep in flowers
When bedtime songs are sung.

They are such busy fairies,
Their work is never done,
For all around and round the world
They travel with the sun.

And while you’re soundly sleeping,
They do the best they can
A-painting cherry blossoms
In far away Japan.

The poppy fields of China,
With blossoms bright and gay,
They color on their journey—
And then pass on their way.

And all the happy children,
In islands of the sea,
Know little Ray O’Sunshine,
Who plays with you and me.
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:06 am

Thank you. I just love this..
Quote :
There are deeps beyond deeps in the life of this wonderful world of ours.

I know today it is alright to feel the way I do but what is more than that, today I know there is so much more yet!
It is not an ending, but an unfolding of the so much more! RedHeart Thank you.

It is alright to feel and see!
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Quote :
Many of the vitamins and minerals are lost in the different farming processes and the time of harvest. Foods are harvested before they are fully developed in order to leave time for getting them to world markets before they spoil.

I am thinking about this.... and am trying to buy foods which are more local....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes   Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fairies Still Appear to Those with Seeing Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Te Mana :: Your first category :: Sharing-
Jump to: